- - Wednesday the 4th of May 2011
- - Venue: Perth Concert Hall
- - Over 90 delegates attended
- - Robert Winters (Edinburgh office), Senior Capital Allowances Surveyor and ECA specialist attended in his capacity as a member of the Davis Langdon Property Tax Energy Group
The conference programme over four sessions covered a variety of interesting subjects and included the following:
- - Overview of the industry as it stands, the progress to date it has made in the energy sector and the identification of key threats and opportunities for the short and medium term
- - The growth of the public sector in hydro developments including organisations such as the Forestry Commission and Scottish Water along with private sector partners
- - The issue of good environmental practice that should be applied to all hydro developments but especially during the construction phase.
- - How to secure finance in the current economic climate using new methods and finding innovative solutions. The concept of partnering with other organisations and the continuing support from Government and what the future holds for hydro schemes and the feed-in tariff.
The event highlighted the many legal obligations and financial challenges faced in establishing a small scale hydro development. The practical issues of planning permissions, environmental assessments and construction where discussed along with examples of financial models. The issue of capital allowances was given a brief mention but failed to highlight the key benefits they can bring to a small scale hydro development. The cash flow advantage they bring and contribution to reduction.
Back to Events and Seminars